Ozone Shock Treatments - Quality First Home Inspections
There are countless applications for a powerful oxidant such as ozone, including Deodorization, Allergen Elimination, Pest Control, and Fire & Flood Remediation.
The length of treatment required will depend on each circumstance: What Ozone Does - High Output Ozone Generators, when used in "shock treatment" application methods, are effective in addressing the following:
• Sanitization: As a gas, ozone is a broad based sanitizer capable of eliminating biological pollutants such as bacteria, viruses, and fungi, thus maintaining microbiological control.
• Deodorization: Because it is a strong oxidant, ozone will attack unpleasant odors (e.g. from smoke, cooking, mildew, pets, and etc.) at their source, cleaving the long chain molecules responsible and permanently eliminating the smell.
• Allergen Elimination: Dust mites, pollen, and other allergens cannot survive an indoor ozone shock treatment, bringing immediate relief to allergy sufferers.
• Natural Disasters: Ozone has been used to remediate indoor environments impacted by floods, tornados, wild fires, and earthquakes.
• Chemical Pollutants: VOCs such as benzene, formaldehyde, methylene chloride, and others will be oxidized and destroyed by ozone, one of nature's most powerful oxidizing agents.
• Commercial Agriculture: There are many applications for ozone in agriculture, especially related to odor control and broad based disinfection for disease control.
• Mold Remediation: Ozone is lethal to molds, including toxigenic, black mold, etc. What Ozone Does Not Do - The application of ozone to purify the indoor environment is an effective broad based sanitization strategy, however, it does not:
• Remove Dead Mold: Ozone shock treatments will kill any mold; however, the dead mold still must be physically removed, since even dead mold can be allergenic. Additionally, the moisture source in the building must be eliminated to prevent reoccurrence.
• Create a Pest Control Barrier: Ozone shock treatments will drive may insects / pests out of a building; however, there is no residual effect to prevent reoccurrence.
• Remove Carpet Stains: Ozone shock treatments will eliminate the chemical and biological pollutants in carpets; however, it will not eliminate a stain.
• Replace Dry Cleaning: Ozone shock treatments will sanitize clothing, bedding, and window coverings; however, professional dry cleaning may be required to remove visible residue.
• Mitigate Radon Issues: Ozone shock treatments will oxidize radon gas; however, because the gas continually forms in the soil underneath the property, actual mitigation strategies are required.
Quality First Home Inspection
151 Kent Street
(902) 218 2990